Re: A tool for tracking masked updates to stable packages

Frans Pop wrote:
However, I would actually prefer this to be integrated in the regular package management frontends (e.g. aptitude) rather than a separate tool.
aptitude will show that different versions of a package are available. Unfortunately it won't show where these different versions come from, so it isn't always easy to, say pick the testing version if you have multiple sources. Sometimes I accidentally pick the package by its unstable name without realising the name has changed and wonder why I have problems trying to install it. As I result I often create a new shell so I can use the following:
[1] 'apt-cache policy <package>' essentially already does ordering

Brian May