Packages getting marked not-for-us

Hi,

I have been having what is a recurring problem:

One of the buildds will (apparently) randomly mark one of my packages
not-for-us.  That despite the fact that the package built on that buildd
in the past, and there's no reason to suggest that architecture has been
excluded.

This then gets in the way of packages migrating to testing, because the
buildd had built former versions there.

This seems to happen to me most often on the s390 build daemon, and has
happened with at least 3 to 5 different packages now.  (Current example
is hpodder).  In fact, I don't think I've ever seen it happen elsewhere.

It seems to happen when build-deps don't get satisfied, or where there
is some problem installing the build-deps.

Back in the Old Days when I ran an Alpha buildd (years ago), things
never got automatically marked not-for-us; that happened manually.
After asking around on IRC a few weeks ago, there is no longer consensus
that's how it happens now.  Does anybody know?

-- John