Re: Re: Considerations for lilo removal

> That doesn't strike me as a valid configuration. Infact,
> it shouldn't work with lilo because lilo wants /boot to be
> on a real device. The fact that it does should be
> considered a bug, not a feature.

Valid or not, the installer actually gives you lilo if you
configure the partitions this way (in non-expert mode at
least) without prompts, so many people will have this
configuration and lilo without being aware that it is
invalid. A proper migration away from lilo is necessary,
rather than just dropping it.

--
Jon Dowland