Re: Considerations for lilo removal

(Dropping d-release again.)

On Monday 16 June 2008, peter green wrote:
> >> I am wondering if it is a good idea to remove lilo entirely. At the
> >> moment, lilo has been pulled from testing, and the code is in a
> >> shape
>
> Can either version of grub handle all the cases that lilo can?

D-I currently does indeed fall back to lilo for _all_ /boot on LVM cases.
When LVM is set up using guided partitioning D-I will always create a
separate /boot partition though.

AFAIK grub (at least the default "legacy" version) also still has problems
with / on XFS. That's the one other case where D-I automatically falls
back to lilo.