Re: VLC 0.8.6a - Why hasn't the package been upgraded?

On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 20:35 +0200, Björn Johansson wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have a working install of Debian Etch over here and it's installed on
> an Powerbook G3 "Lombard" and the version of VLC which is part of Debian
> Etch is still version 0.8.6a and I'm wondering why you people haven't
> done a package of version 0.8.6e yet?

It has been done:

http://packages.qa.debian.org/v/vlc.html

Latest version 0.8.6.e-2.3

That version is currently only in Debian Sid (unstable) and is part of
an ongoing transition so that it can be part of Lenny.

Can't check on backports right now - server unresponsive.

--

Neil Williams