VLC 0.8.6a - Why hasn't the package been upgraded?

Greetings!

I have a working install of Debian Etch over here and it's installed on an Powerbook G3 "Lombard" and the version of VLC which is part of Debian Etch is still version 0.8.6a and I'm wondering why you people haven't done a package of version 0.8.6e yet?

I'm thinking of maybe trying to compile the source on my own, but I don't want to break the current installation of VLC, so, so far I haven't tried it.

Björn Johansson