Re: "cupsys" renamed to "cups", please adjust your (build-)depends

* Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> [080612 19:01]:
> On 12-Jun-08, 11:23 (CDT), "Bernhard R. Link" <brlink@debian.org> wrote:
> > How about using this transition to move some binaries between package
> > boundaries? Especially having some programs with generic names in -client and
> > some in -bsd seem to be a problem for some users (like #405827).
> >
> > I do not think having lp and lpr in different packages can cause any
> > good (and the same for lprm and cancel and so on).
>
> Isn't the whole point of having cups-bsd etc. to provide replacement
> commands that are compatible with older tools?

Well, from my view lpr, lprm, lpc, lpq are the new tools while lp,
cancel, lpstat are the compatibility links for tools coming from sysv.

Having those sysv ones in the -clients package together with the native
cups clients, while the bsd ones are in -bsd is a bit strange.

I personaly to not care, because I just have not cups installed. But for
cups users it might be intresting to have -clients split.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link