Re: ssl security desaster

Twas brillig at 10:30:44 15.05.2008 UTC-07 when Kevin B. McCarty did gyre and gimble:

 KBM> Believe me, there are lots of upstreams for which extensive
 KBM> patching really is necessary.  (I have no idea whether OpenSSL is
 KBM> one of those, as I have no familiarity with its code nor the
 KBM> Debian packaging of it.)

Probably the work then should be clearly labeled as fork (especially
given the other distro maintainers also share some patches)? It will
reduce the confusion, like "oh, erm, our <foo> is not quite upstream
<foo>, we rewrote it from scratch, and left the name and this cute
logo".