Re: How to build XEN dom0 and domU kernels based on 2.6.25?

Ian Campbell wrote:
On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 14:16 +0200, Daniel Widenfalk wrote:

Ok, so dropping back a step. Let's assume that I build the 3.2.0 XEN
hypervisor and dom0 kernel using 2.6.18 as base. I should then be able to
build domU kernel(s) using the linux-source-2.6.25 files? How?

I can't seem to get CONFIG_XEN set in my .config file. Running "make
menuconfig" does not show any xen-specific options.

Have you enabled CONFIG_PARAVIRT? You might also need to select a 686
kernel flavour for the option to appear. I've attached my config in case
it is useful, it's PAE+XEN.

Also that that kernel only has i386 support for Xen, no 64 bit yet.

Ian.

Many thanks all,

I've decided to do the following:

Upgrade to Xen 3.2.0 using the 2.6.18 kernel (debian tree) for
my dom0 machines and build 2.6.25 kernels for my domUs. I can't
see any major howlers with this as the domUs won't rely on
anything linux/version specific in the dom0 kernel?

My major problem with 2.6.25 was that I was trying to build a
64-bit kernel which caused the config system to disable Xen.
Quite explainable if xen is not yet available for 64-bit in the
current linux tree...

Regards
/Daniel Widenfalk