Re: how to split architecture dependent data files into separate package

Thanks a lot, JB. Following your hints, I am almost there. :)

And sorry for the multi-post...

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 1:14 AM, Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org> wrote:
"Kov Chai" <tchaikov@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi,

> best approach in my mind is to create two other data packages named
> sunpinyin-le-data and sunpinyin-ge-data, and make the binary packages depend
> on the data package by its endianness accordingly.
>
> Is this solution feasible, or is there any better way to solve this problem?

Yes, that makes sense. At least as long as your data files are
compatible between 32bit and 64bit hosts.

(and make that -data-le and -data-be, IMHO)

> And moreover, I am afraid that sunpinyin-{le,ge}-data are not architecture
> neutral. So is it okay to make these two packages Arch:all?

Yes.

> At last, Is there any way to specify the package dependency by architecture?

Use a substitution variable in debian/control and determine the
correct value in debian/rules before calling dh_gencontrol.

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169