Re: Is master unsuitable to receive mail from lists.debian.org?

On Sun, May 04, 2008 at 02:00:45PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> I tried to contact listmaster@lists.debian.org about this without success,
> so this time I will Cc: debian-devel, as it would be extremely strange
> that I'm the only person with this problem.
>
> Executive summary: master.debian.org, where I receive debian email,
> has stronger spam filtering than lists.debian.org, as master seems to
> use some kind of "content filtering". As a result, some spam messages
> distributed by lists.debian.org are rejected by master.debian.org.

Yes, I've been seeing the same thing. It's usually just an irritation,
but I guess some day I'll hit a threshold and get unsubscribed from a
bunch of lists.

> From: Debian Listmaster Team <listmaster@lists.debian.org>
[...]
> If those bounces pass a certain threshold, our bounce-detection will
> forcibly remove your subscription.

It would be nice if the mail indicated what that threshold is, so that
we know whether this is an immediate cause for concern. The FAQ merely
says "it depends" (with some details, but not enough to do an accurate
check), so perhaps the program that generates the mail is in a better
position to say.