Re: ldbl128 transition for liborbit2 could be omitted

On Sat, Jan 12, 2008 at 03:56:17AM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Hi,

> looking at why ORBit hadn’t been updated to the latest upstream version,
> I noticed there is an open RC bug about the ldbl128 transition. Given
> the number of rdeps (373), this is a huge beast to update.

> However, looking at the headers, I can see that in fact, it can probably
> be avoided. The basic long double type, which is used by all structures,
> is the following:
> 	typedef gdouble   CORBA_long_double;

> This is a clear violation of the CORBA specification, but the result for
> us is that this transition should not be necessary.

> Is it OK to close this bug, or am I missing something?

Yes, this is ok.  The problem is a small bug in the regexp used to find
offenders:

 long *double

this of course matches "longdouble", where the intended regexp was really:

 long \+double

I've confirmed that the latter pattern has no matches in
/usr/include/orbit-2.0, so closing the bug with this mail.