Re: Is Davide Puricelli MIA?

 >> Does someone know if Davide Puricelli (evo at debian.org) is MIA?

 >> Apparently, the last upload by him was on 2007-06-10 [1].  I've
 >> tried to communicate him last year, but didn't succeed.

 >> I've mostly interested in the `chicken' package.  The last version
 >> packaged for Debian is 2.5, and it seems that there're enough
 >> Chicken extensions [2] that aren't compatible with that version of
 >> Chicken anymore.

 > Hi Ivan,

 > I'm not MIA (I still read -devel and I follow the project life),

	Glad to hear it!

 > but you're right, I'm not really active in the packages field.

 > I'm planning to update chicken in upcoming days, luckily it's not a
 > huge work,

	Well, Chicken now contains the debian/ directory, currently used
	to facilitate the creation of unofficial `.deb's.  Perhaps you
	shold review it.

	I've suggested to link Chicken against the host version of PCRE
	instead of the one supplied with Chicken itself [1].  Felix has
	recently committed a patch [2] which simplifies the change.
	Could this change be adopted for the official Debian package?

	There's a small thread starting at [3] which points a few
	problems with the current Debian packaging.  Could you please
	review it?

	I hope to make some patches (namely, `srcdir' support and
	`CHICKEN_LIBRARY_PATH' support) soon, which may be of a
	particular interest to the Debian users.

 > while I just asked Bart Martens to help me to comaintain xchat.

 > About your private email: I didn't reply because I had never
 > received it!

	Strange enough.  Hope you'll receive this one.

[1] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.scheme.chicken.devel/516
[2] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.scheme.chicken.devel/526
[3] http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.scheme.chicken.devel/474