Re: RFH: How to debug FTBFS of erlang on sparc (UltraSPARC III)?

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 12:53:36AM +0300, Sergei Golovan wrote:
Hi!

After lebrun (which run on UltraSPARC III) became a sparc buildd host,
erlang package started to FTBFS on sparc. Logs are available at
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=erlang but thay aren't very
informative. They show "bus error" which can't help to fix the bug.

A bus error is usually an unaligned access.

I'd be happy to find the bug but I don't have an access to UltraSPARC
III hardware. The only available to me Debian developer sparc machine
(sperger) runs UltraSPARC II which doesn't reveal the bug.

Is there a way to debug this bug?

You should probably ask debian-sparc@lists.debian.org if there's a machine meeting those requirements that someone will let you use.

You might also determine whether the bug occurs when you build on UltraSPARC III, but run on UltraSPARC II; IOW, whether the problem is the build or execution environment. I can assist with that, if you send me a gpg-signed binary.

HTH.

+1 713 440 7475 | http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc | My opinion only
a typesetting engine: http://crustytoothpaste.ath.cx/~bmc/code/thwack