Re: Opinions needed: reporting lintian overrides

Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> writes:
> On Wed, 2 Jan 2008, Russ Allbery wrote:

>> After a recent problem with a package with a fairly egregious error
>> that was overridden, hurting the ability of the sponsor to notice it, I
>> added a line of output to the default lintian output saying if any
>> package overrides error or warning tags.
>
> What about a summary line:
>
>  lintian detected: x_e errors, x_w warnings, o_e errors and o_w warnings were overridden
>
> (in case o_e and o_w are different from 0).

Yeah, that's kind of what we have now except without the summary of
regular tags.  (I was trying hard to keep the line under 80 columns while
still putting the file name in the output in case someone was trying to
parse it later with a script or something, but having the file name is
probably not horribly useful.)  The difference is that right now it does
it per-package.  I'll take a look, regardless of the outcome of this
discussion, at what it would take to do it per-run instead.