Re: mass bug filing for undefined sn?printf use

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 12:02 -0600, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I don't know whether these are also a problem in practice - but if so,
> using sprintf(buf + strlen(buf) [...]) is definitely wrong.

I don't know if any of my code uses such a construct but why is that
wrong as long as [...] doesn't contain buf? (assuming proper bound
checks are done and other parameters are sane)

Thanks.

--
-- arthur - adejong@debian.org - http://people.debian.org/~adejong --