Re: "Debian women may leave due to 'sexist' post"

On Monday 29 December 2008 21:26, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir@cohens.org.il> wrote:
> > It is anecdotal gender profiling that causes women and men to choose
> > certain paths through life in the first place, and is hence one of the
> > root causes of the very problem we're trying to solve.
>
> Interesting discussion. But as Noah mentioned elsewhere: off-topic on
> this list. Feel free to continue this off-list. Or maybe on debian-women
> (where this thread started and was actually discussed).

http://mjg59.livejournal.com/94420.html

Matthew Garrett made a good point in the above blog post:
# And when you see behaviour that you think discourages others, call people on
# it. Even if nobody's behaviour changes as a result, you're sending a signal
# that not everyone in the community agrees. Sometimes all people want is to
# know that there'll be some people on their side.

While this discussion will have to end eventually it seems obvious to me that
leaving a message such as the one Peter wrote without any response is not the
way to do it.

--
russell@coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/          My Main Blog