Re: Is The number of stable users dropping fast?

On Sun, Dec 21, 2008 at 6:40 AM, Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
> Looking at <URL: http://popcon.debian.org/ >, it seem to me that the
> number of stable installations is dropping fast.  The graph
> "popularity-contest versions in use" show this, with version 1.41
> being the one in stable.
>
> When the version in stable, testing and unstable were different (now
> the same version is in testing and unstable), the approximate relative
> distribution of submitteres to popcon were for stable 60%, testing 20%
> and unstable 5% (the rest were non-upgraded installs of various
> flavour).
>
> The number of installations using testing has been slowly increasing,
> but not enough to compensate for the reduction in stable
> installations.  The net effect is that fewer and fewer are submitting
> to popcon.debian.org.
>
> I suspect this is because Debian is loosing users. :(

...to Gentoo. Oh no, that thread again years later. :P

We are definitely loosing users to our arrogance and lack of fun, all
in a not so nice package with no innovative features and bugs. Please
note that nothing I said comes from you pere.

regards,
-- Gustavo "stratus" Franco