Re: problems with the concept of unstable -> testing

Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> I don't think this kind of attitude helps anyone. Harassing people for
> having ideas different than yours will only make people to stop
> sharing them. We should seriously reconsider what kind of "Debian" we
> want. Seriously.
Yeah, my post was more than inappropriate.

But while you bring it up: I want a Debian where every Developer can
cough up a minimal commitment to help with releasing. That is what "Have
you fixed an RC bug today is about?". If all developers had fixed one RC
bug in the months that we have been frozen, we would have run out.

The other way round works, too: Removing people who don't have that
minimal commitment from the project and their packages from the archive
would also allow us to release (a lot less) in a timely fashion.

Bastian's contributions have a theme of telling other people how to do
work that he does not want to do: What information they should want in
their bug reports, how to release, how negligent the assistant secretary
is and why he is even doing the secretary's, and now what to do with
unstable in the meantime (as other's have pointed out, not a new idea,
so the contribution is rehasing of the idea). To be honest, I'd prefer
if Bastian applied his skills to helping a project I'm not a member of.

Kind regards

T.
--
Thomas Viehmann, http://thomas.viehmann.net/