Re: Packages still depending on GTK+ 1.2

On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 17:52:44 +0000
David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> Why not remove the -dev packages first.

That would make every reverse dependency instantly buggy with
release-critical FTBFS bugs! No thanks! It must be possible to build
all packages in Lenny only from the Debian source packages which,
sadly, means retaining all -dev packages necessary for those builds.
What we have must be buildable from source.

> I realise that this would break the build-depends, but I suppose it
> is meant to.

It makes it impossible to release the reverse dependencies in Lenny.

--

Neil Williams