Re: Why acroread is popular (Was: Re: Popular packages in Ubuntu that is missing in Debian/main)

Le mardi 02 décembre 2008 à 19:08 +0100, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort a
écrit :
> Since 2.24 (which is in experimental) the evince package doesn't link to
> unneeded dependencies anymore, making the evince-gtk package pointless. So now
> you will be able to install the evince package with the same results.

And if someone motivated enough wants to remove these dependencies, it
shouldn’t be too hard to remove GConf and Gnome-Keyring by putting their
functionality in loadable plugins, since they are only used in small
portions of the code.

Cheers,
--
 .''`.