Re: SmellyWerewolf.com perfume & make-up discount

* Noah Slater <nslater@tumbolia.org> [2008-11-23 22:07]:

> Please quote from the original email explaining to me how it is sexist.

Well, I found the parody very offensive to men, in general.  Josselin's
satire suggests that a male is a stupid creature who desperately looks for
"chicks" or whichever his fantasy about females is.  A male acts like a
vampire and thinks that perfumes (or pheromones) would attract females to
him.

The joke could be funny because it makes one think about how ridicule males
are, in general.  Even though this is probably true for the huge majority of
men out there, I am pretty sure it does not apply to the average male Debian
developer.  So, I urge public excuses from Josselin!

At any rate, given the precedent with Andrew Suffield and the kissing
lesbians, sending the joke to d-d-a was certainly a faux-pas.

[Let us see how the politically-correct people will react to the irony
above. I hate putting smiles in my messages, but here we go :-)]

--
Rafael