Re: screenshots.debian.net goes beta

Christoph Haas wrote:

> Fellow developers...
>
> it took a little longer than I expected but I finally launched
>
> http://screenshots.debian.net

Great! thanks for your great job

> after two weeks of programming fun.
[...]
> Please take a look at the site, consider uploading screenshots of your
> favorite application and give some feedback. The approach is rather open.
[...]
> Have fun and let me know what you think.

* When browsing the packages list it would be great if you could also provide
links to browse packages by name (e.g. A, B, C, etc, you get what I mean).
* Have you considered storing more information together with the images? (the
version of the package is what I believe is the most relevant missing
information).
* And what about letting the package uploaders upload the screenshots of their
packages on their own without requiring any further moderation? all is needed
is a maintainer-gpg key relationship and some sort of incoming queue where
images are uploaded (packagename_version.ext) and then the output of md5sum
foo_0.1.png bar_0.2.png | gpg --clearsign is uploaded (or sha1sum if you are
paranoid). This has the following advantages: a) batch image uploads can be
done, b) no interaction is required via the web interface, c) validating the
incoming data is as simple as running gpg with the DDs and DMs --keyring,
md5sum -c mybatchupload.asc, and then making sure the key owner has upload
rights for those packages.

> Cheers
>  Christoph

Cheers,