Re: screenshots.debian.net goes beta

On Montag, 10. November 2008, Miriam Ruiz wrote:
> 2008/11/10 Christoph Haas <email@christoph-haas.de>:
> > I can even offer JSON, SOAP, XML, whatever if needed. Some URL that
> > can be used in an IMG/SRC tag should probably be sufficient for
> > packages.d.o. I'll soon document the URL schema so everybody can use
> > it. Just let me know what information you need and I'll try providing
> > a proper API.
>
> I'm using fixed 324x240 thumbnails for goplay and its derivatives. It
> would be quite straightforward to make the program able to download
> thumbnails from there when they cannot be found locally, if we can do
> something about the size. Do you have a fixed size for thumbnails?

The large images are no larger than 800x600 and the thumbnails are no
larger than 160x120. I retain the aspect but shrink the images if they are
larger than these limits. So if you want to upload a 320x240 image then
the large image will be kept that way (as it's no larger than 800x600) and
just a thumbnail is generated. So I store exactly two versions as files
(to prevent having them resized on-the-fly). You could get the large
version and shrink it yourself if that's sufficient. I don't have
the "original" image available after reducing it to 800x600 any more.

I'm open to suggestions though.

 Christoph