Re: screenshots.debian.net goes beta

On Montag, 10. November 2008, Guus Sliepen wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 03:05:32PM +0100, Christoph Haas wrote:
> > it took a little longer than I expected but I finally launched
> >
> > 	http://screenshots.debian.net
>
> [...]
>
> > Have fun and let me know what you think.
>
> Please do not reduce images in size. The screenshots of, for example,
> dillo and amiwm are horrible. If you have a guideline of having a
> maximum size of 800x600 pixels, just give an error when someone uploads
> a screenshot that is larger than that.

In the "guidelines" I suggest not to upload screenshots larger than 800x600
if the uploader doesn't want automatic reduction. Too large images cannot
be viewed properly (e.g. I wouldn't be able to enjoy a 1600x1280 image on
my screen) by most users. So I thought that 800x600 is a good compromise.

> A link to packages.debian.org for every package would also be nice.

Okay, will do. And I'll add proper URL routing so that packages.debian.org
will be able to access screenshots directly, too.

 Christoph
--
~
~