Re: DFSG violations in Lenny: Summarizing the choices

Peter wrote:
>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008, Theodore Tso wrote:
>
>>                                            Fortunately for us, at the
>> moment I am not aware of large numbers of highly popular laptops or
>> servers for which non-free firmware is necessary before the firmware
>> would be able to access the network.
>
>HP DL360 G5:
>  firmware-bnx2
>   (Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme II BCM5708 Gigabit Ethernet)
>
>Yes, I was really thrilled when I found out we can't install lenny in
>any sane way on debian.org hardware.

Lots of currently-shipping Dell servers seem to be using the same
hardware too. That's already bitten me at my day job, where we have
lots of them.

< sladen> I actually stayed in a hotel and arrived to find a post-it
          note stuck to the mini-bar saying "Paul: This fridge and
          fittings are the correct way around and do not need altering"