Re: [DRAFT] resolving DFSG violations

Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@tamay-dogan.net> writes:

> Am 2008-11-03 12:59:53, schrieb Gunnar Wolf:
> > So probably the end result won't be shipping raw Debian in your
> > product - As you are not willing to release the firmware, Debian
>
> ???  --  I am willing  to  do  this!  It  is  EUROPEAN  LAW  which  make
> HARDWARE manufacturer responsable if someone MODIFY Firmware and disturb
> public e.g. GSM networks...

Any recipient can do this equally well without a license from the
vendor allowing them to do it. If they have the firmware blob, and
have the technical capacity to modify it, they can modify it and
redistribute it +IBQ- either breaching copyright or not, depending on the
copyright license.

Are you saying that EU law makes the vendor liable *only* in the case
where the copyright license to the firmware permits the recipient to
modify and redistribute, but *does not* make the vendor liable if the
license doesn't allow this?

--
 +AFw-        +IBw-To me, boxing is like a ballet, except there's no music, no |
  `+AFw-       choreography, and the dancers hit each other.+IB0- +IBQ-Jack Handey |