Re: Direction on foo2zjs and web fetching scripts

Hi Michael!

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 07:28:00 +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2008 at 11:40:22PM -0500, Michael Gilbert wrote:
>> Where do I go from here to make sure the issue gets the appropriate
>> level of thought and consideration that it deserves (after lenny gets
>> released of course)?
>
> Dropping lots of CCs.

Re-adding the foo2zjs-maintainer mailing list, please discuss this issue
there (I set R-T and M-F-T accordingly).

> I'd suggest asking on debian-devel and other stakeholders (security
> teams and security audit teams for example) what their views are, and
> trying to build a consensus.

I planned to work on this issue, at least checking every files the
getweb script downloads, as I already did for the only foo2zjs printer I
have (the HP Color LaserJet 1500L [1]).  IMHO this will surely help to
understand where these files originally come from and which license they
are distributed under.

If someone owns any other foo2zjs printer and can perform some basic
quality tests, please reply on the list or privately to me.

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca

Footnotes:
[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=503814#188