Re: Bug sprint !

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 12:04:12PM +0000, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there are currently 122 RC bugs remaining that affect both testing and
> unstable. We need to fix them NOW.
>
> However, in the permanent BSP state that has lasted for quite some time,
> people seem to lose focus on this urgent need for the release. So the
> idea is:
> 	122 developers × 5 days = 122 RC bugs fixed
>
> The rules are : at the end of a 5-day period, the bug you are assigned
> must be closed in unstable or have a lenny-ignore tag. Otherwise this is
> a free-for-all.
>
> The first 5 developers to fix their bugs will be sent a box of home-made
> cookies. Those who can’t fix their bugs in 5 days will receive the visit
> of a release manager who will hit them with a rusty shovel.
>
> All we need is 122 skilled developers willing to sign in this contract
> (with their blood).
>
> Does it sound like a realistic idea? If people agree with it, I’ll setup
> a wiki page to collect the volunteer list and send an announcement.

Sadly something like 20 to 30 bugs aren't easy to solve even by the best
developpers in only 5 days[e.g. look at the tokyocabinet bug, I don't
think I'm unskilled even if there is a lot of better DDs than me, and I
just don't know where to start]. but still that is clearly a good idea.
I would sign on this.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit