Re: Test Debian : Release Goals, Point release, Foo-n-Half...

On Sun, 2008-10-05 at 18:10 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 05, 2008 at 06:02:17PM +0200, Franklin PIAT wrote:
> > The page could have an "Expert" subpage (or let's name it kamikaze, so
> > people don't get impressed by the name ;)
>
> Frankly, I'm not sure why to have distributions in there at all.

I've further rephrased to something like "system running DebianTesting
falls in this category"

> Clearly, SELinux issues etc. in stable won't get fixed anymore.

<offtopic>
That's where wiki pages can be useful (a kind of "Knowledge base").
</offtopic>

> Giving people advice on how to test stuff on testing makes sense
> to me, but we can safely assume unstable users would be able to
> use those hints transparently.

If we say  something in Unstable section, it is implicitly unsuitable
for Testing...

> In the end, enabling SELinux on testing or unstable is probably roughly
> the same risk, and overloading that page with major advice for running
> testing and/or unstable and their trade-offs looks like diluting the
> message to me.

... and the sections now starts with "Same as above".

BTW, I have re-introduced a "DD Development System", which could/should
list Squeeze release-goals candidates that needs testing.

Franklin