Re: nut package freeze exception request (dependency based boot)

On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 11:19:15PM +1000, Kel Modderman wrote:
> Is the link just there to be a "virtual/persistent" link to whatever service
> which is installed and provides the functionality?
> Inspection of the nut package leads me to believe this may be the case, so
> I wrote a patch for insserv which ignores any symlink in /etc/init.d/ which
> points to another script in /etc/init.d/, as I am not aware of any cases where

As for ups-monitor that yes, it's the case. As for symlinks
I only heared about debian-edu earlier in this thread:

> Petter Reinhold:
>> 2) Changhe insserv to not count symlinks at all (do not know about
>> possible affects about it)
>This will break debian-edu (which symlink in a script used for the
>first boot after installation, and remove it after the boot).  I am
>not sure about other effects.

But I guess it's realted to ignoring symlinks at all.

Can you fill a bug to push this patch to unstable?

Thanks.

--
Anton Martchukov                     http://www.martchukov.com
0xFC4FBF28  96BC 3DAB 231A 7FCC 4F49  D783 9A69 65C1 FC4F BF28