Re: Do Danish developers care about Debian being installable in their language?

(private CC just in case, sorry if that's a small abuse, Sune)

Quoting Sune Vuorela (nospam@vuorela.dk):
> On 2008-09-18, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 1:06 AM, Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> >
> >> The situation is now critical, indeed. Even though the decision is not
> >> yet taken, there are risks that we (D-I team) finally decide to
> >> de-activate Danish.
> >> In case soemone wants to volunteer, please reply to All so that Claus
> >> and Jacob know about it as well as -devel.
> >
> > We have quite a few DDs in Denmark, at least a few of them might be
> > willing and able to help.
>
> I forward blogged this in danish and a few good people already popped
> up.
>
> What sort of documents should I forward them about procedures and stuff?

Nothing about procedures and the like. We're now in the "hurry up"
situation..:-)

Just point them at files available at:
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/l10n-stats/level1/files/da

and ask them to complete sublevels 1 and 2 (completing other sublevels
is optional but welcomed. Sublevel 5 is complete and doesn't need any work)

Please ask them to respect the terminology used elsewhere in the files
for technical terms....even if they don't deeply agree with it (these
are sometimes debated issues and we have no time for debate).

The only requirement is understanding how PO files work (which is
fairly trivial: you can open them with a text editor, even though
using a dedicated tool such as kbabel is recommended).

The target is: update strings marked as "fuzzy" (they have a
translation but it doesn't fit the English version anymore) and of
course the untranslated ones (those where the "msgstr" par is empty).

Then send them back to me at bubulle@debian.org.

If they have any question, they can mail me privately, I'll do my best
to answer.

The deadline is Saturday Sept. 20th 23:59 UTC

PS: if they want to further contribute, people are welcomed and,
*then* they can read the good documentation we have at
http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/