Re: nut package freeze exception request (dependency based boot)

[Adeodato Simó]
> Wow. I'm not very knowledgeable on the matter, but after looking a bit
> around, I would say it is not okay to just remove that symlink.

The issue at hand is that several scripts can not provide the same
facility (as in have the same string in the Provides header) without
causing problems to the dependency calculations.  I suspect that the
correct way to fix this is to replace the symlink with a script,
rename the original script or come up with some other way to provide
the ups-monitor script without having duplicate init.d script
provides.

Note, that I have not investigated this issue, and thus am just
talking generally here. :)

Note also that I am not talking about package names, which is the
ups-monitor name defined in
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/packaging-manuals/virtual-package-names-list.txt>.
For several services providing a common service there is the virtual
facilities feature, and I suspect it might be a good idea to use it
here.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen