Re: 25+2 packages with (Glade) generated C source files without the source

2008-08-31 (일), 14:56 +0100, Neil Williams:
> On Sun, 2008-08-31 at 15:27 +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > Le dimanche 31 août 2008 à 14:13 +0100, Neil Williams a écrit :
> > > Sorry, that is just tosh. If you want to load the glade file via Glade,
> > > you keep the XML, depend on libglade and call libglade at runtime.
> >
> > You don’t need libglade anymore, GTK+ has integrated the functionality
> > since 2.12.
>
> Even better - thanks for that.
>
> Is there likely to be a release goal for Lenny+1 to drop libglade
> completely? I find 290 packages depending on libglade2-0.

I don't think so. That work is beyond the scope of Debian packaging or
distribution. Migration needs serious GTK+ programming skill. Even
upstream GNOME has not decided the migration as a release goal for
several releases.

http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/RemoveLibGladeUseGtkBuilder

--
Changwoo Ryu <cwryu@debian.org>