Re: transfering files between *.debian.org hosts

Hi,

On Sat Aug 30, 2008 at 18:17:27 -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> A bigger problem at the kernel level is that the kernel APIs change
> constantly and have not infrequently had various GPL-only tags added that
> force OpenAFS into annoying workarounds (it is released under the IBM
> Public License, another DFSG-free license that isn't quite
> GPL-compatible).  However, for systems that run stable, the corresponding
> stable release of OpenAFS should continue to work fine.  This mostly is a
> problem if one runs a backported kernel, in which case you'll need a
> backported OpenAFS as well.
>
> I'd certainly be happy to answer questions and help with AFS setup as I
> have time.  I'd love to have a Debian OpenAFS cell.

Most Debian Machines run no stable kernels, thus we would run into that
problem. Also many machines running with static kernels. Would that be a
problem for OpenAFS?

--
 Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>  |  Debian Release Team Member
 Debian & GNU/Linux Developer           |           Debian Listmaster