Re: Is it a "user error" to use lilo?

William Pitcock <nenolod@dereferenced.org> writes:

> If you have both GRUB and LILO installed, there will be problems. That
> is infact, a bug. They should Conflict with each other to ensure that
> only one can be installed at a time, but it is a minor bug at best, as
> any smart user would not have both bootloaders installed. And infact,
> any typical user would not install a second bootloader.

Well, since I'm obviously not a smart user I can continue to ask the
stupid questions :-)

What is the recommended procedure for changing from e.g. lilo to grub?
Since you plan to drop lilo post-lenny, I guess this will be a quite
common question during the lifetime of lenny.  Users will notice that
lilo is being deprecated and wonder how to switch. Maybe something to
document in either lilo or grub? or both.

Bjørn
--
Why, the rich people have really got it all together