Re: Is it a "user error" to use lilo?

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 01:05:42PM +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
>On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:43:10PM +0200, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>> Hi fellow developers,
>>
>> Please someone help look at bug#494422.
>>
>> What is wrong with my judgement[1]?
>
>you are totaly misinformed as usual,

Perhaps uninformed - thanks to your one-liner bug-closures

>don't mess with bugs you have zero knownledge with.

I promise you that I won't ever do that, and claim that I have never
ever done so before in my entire life.

What was the relevance of your remark?  Did you perhaps forget a smiley?

>> It seems to me that bug#494422 origins as the fix for bug#356850[2]
>>
>> Generally I am worried about initramfs-tools being so invasive (see
>> bug#494422 - especially Max seemingly recommending[3] to reinstall from
>> time to time - slowly upgrading is not expected to work).
>
>kernel-img.conf(5) has nothing to do with initramfs-tools.
>there you'll find do_bootloader documented.

You mean this?:

>do_bootloader
>   If set to NO, this prevents the postinst from running  the  boot
>   loader.  Defaults to Yes.

So do_bootloader is a flag solely for the use by Linux kerne packages'
postinst script.

If this issue is unrelated to initramfs-tools, why did you close it?
Why not reassign to the proper package instead?

  - Jonas

- --