Re: Downloading packages with AptPkg (libapt-pkg-perl)

On Thu, 2008-08-21 at 21:18 +0200, Mark de Vries wrote:
> [ I'm not subscribed to the list, will look at archives, but if you ]
> [ can please cc me in replies. Thanks                               ]
> Hi,
> I'm trying to use libapt-pkg-perl to [log story short] and then download
> the packages but I can't find a way to get the actual URI to download
> the .deb files.

Take a look at the source of libcache-apt-perl - which provides an
Object-Oriented interface to the apt bindings and the source of
apt-cross which parses the URL out of the apt data.

That code is based on NorthernCross, developed for embedded usage.

Neil Williams