Re: Upcoming changes to supported architectures

Well, there was talk about implementing a Platform: field in dpkg to
mark a package Linux, Kfreebsd, or Hurd specific without having to
adding !kfreebsd-i386, etc. to the arch list or P-a-s. Not sure where
that went (although I think dpkg now recognizes the field, which means
quinn-diff and perhaps apt-ftparchive would be needed to get it into
the Sources file, and such).

Putting packages that are unwanted in an architecture for NFU is fine
if the port is unreleased, but just a week or go, we had an issue with
a package because the S390 buildd admins had deemed it useless and
added it to that list.
Michael