Re: tools/ and dftp on mirrors

On Thu, Aug 07, 2008 at 06:41:21PM +0200, Frans Pop wrote:
>Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>> unless someone has a *very* good reason (and is willing to do the work)
>> we are planning to kick the tools/ directory from our mirrors, as well
>> as the dftp*.gz files in project/misc.
>
>Please check with the debian-cd team first. Files from tools are still
>being included on CD images and with current debian-cd CD builds will
>fail if it is removed from the mirrors.

Yup. I've spoken to mhy about this since. We explicitly don't include
/tools/ in the .jigdo images as they're not versioned. I'll stop
adding the files onto the CDs in the daily/weekly images shortly when
the build machine is back up.

"We're the technical experts.  We were hired so that management could
 ignore our recommendations and tell us how to do our jobs."  -- Mike Andrews