Re: Can a package modify slapd.conf in its maintainer script?

[Bastian Blank]
> ldap is a network based service. Why does the OP even consider that
> the ldap server is running on the local machine?

For Debian Edu, we configure the OpenLDAP on the main network server
to work out of the box, and in this setup, we know that where the LDAP
server is running.  So the packages I talk about are extending and
configuring the OpenLDAP server, and thus need to care about the
servers schema list and configuration.  We currently need the
automount, courier, samba and DHCP schemas added, and will probably
need some more in the future to fetch DNS zones from LDAP.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen