Re: Can a package modify slapd.conf in its maintainer script?

[Brian May]
> I agree with this approach. If slapd.conf needs to be modified, it
> should not happen automatically. Rather the administrator needs to
> be told to do it manually. Otherwise the risk exists the
> modifications might break something.

You could provide a script for doing the modification, and let the
administrator decide when and if it should be used.

I really wish there was some organized way for packages to
automatically add schemas and settings to the OpenLDAP server
configuration, at install time.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen