Re: cipux-storage_3.4~svn2489-2_amd64.changes REJECTED

  Hello,

Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 09, 2008 at 04:53:42PM +0000, Mark Hymers wrote:
>> This package has been rejected because of the Depend: on libversion-perl
>> which is no longer in unstable or testing.  If you wish to upload this
>> package, you will either need to not depend on it or package and upload
>> libversion-perl.
>
> I am perfectly aware that libversion-perl is available only as a virtual
> package in unstable and testing.  I deliberately chose to use those
> virtual packages in order to ease backporting to Debian stable.
>
> I was unaware that this practice was unfit for Debian.

  ftpmasters replied it was a mistake so there's obviously nothing wrong
with that, but I had the impression that it was always safer to provide
a real package as an alternative of a virtual one: I don't see where it
would hurt backporting to use

libversion-perl | perl-modules (>= 5.10.0-13 -- or whichever version got
the library in)

  Does it make sense ?

  Cheers,

	Vincent

--
Vincent Fourmond, Debian Developer
http://vince-debian.blogspot.com/

find(1):
 A `%' at the end of the format argument causes undefined behaviour
 since there is no following character. In some locales, it may
 hide your door keys, while in others it may remove the final page
 from the novel you are reading.

Vincent, listening to Septembre, en Attendant (Noir Desir)