Re: tagging 231711, tagging 232113, tagging 236498, tagging 241414, tagging 250782, tagging 254248

On Wed, Jan 05, 2005 at 09:16:55PM +0100, Bastian Blank's bts wrote:
> From: Bastian Blank <waldi@debian.org>
> Subject: tagging 231711, tagging 232113, tagging 236498, tagging 241414,
> 	tagging 250782, tagging 254248
> To: control@bugs.debian.org
> Date: Wed,  5 Jan 2005 21:16:55 +0100
>
> # Automatically generated email from bts, devscripts version 2.8.6
> tags 231711 wontfix
> tags 232113 wontfix
> tags 236498 wontfix
> tags 241414 wontfix
> tags 250782 wontfix
> tags 254248 wontfix

(all cited bugreports do not contain a single word written by the
package maintainer without using automated tools)

I find it totally unacceptable to tag bugs kommentarlos wontfix
without a single word of explanation why. Five of these bugs are
Debconf translations, the sixth requests more verbose wording of the
single-line _long_ description of cdebootstrap, which is a perfectly
valid request considering that debootstrap and cdebootstrap are both
doing the same job and users should be able to use the long
description to decide which package to use.

Treating bugs like that is impolite, rude, demotivating, and probably
has a bunch of other adjectives apply. Don't treat your users or
translators this way. Please.

Greetings
Marc