Re: Should the X packages pre-depend on awk?

reassign 314571 base-files
tags 314571 -wontfix
thanks

On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 04:06:06PM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 31, 2008 at 12:55:03PM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> > The dpkg upgrade log that Jörg showed clearly indicates that this is not the
> > case; mawk was removed, other packages were installed, and then gawk was
> > installed.

> > If the use of awk in the x11-common preinst had actually been reached, it
> > would've caused the package to fail to unpack.

> In case you missed my other mail in this thread, I think this is the
> same issue I reported in #314571.

Right, I think this bug needs to be assigned to base-files.

Santiago, please see
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2008/07/msg01028.html> for an
explanation of why I've reassigned this bug; I think awk has been
accidentally left outside the Essential set in a subtle way that has gone
largely unnoticed, probably because no one uses awk in their preinst
scripts. :)