Intel Atom Processor

Hello,

First of all I apologize if this question is not appropriate for this mailing list. I scanned the entire Debian Mailing Lists and I thought this might be the most appropriate. If it is not then please direct me to the correct one.

Now the question:
I was wondering if there is any development amongst the Debian community with regards to supporting Intel's latest low power Atom processor which will be mostly used in UMPC (Ultra mobile PC).
http://www.intel.com/technology/atom/index.htm

While researching over this on the Internet I came across the following website which mentions about Ubuntu having some sort of support for this processor.
http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/ubuntu-linux-remix.html

And therefore I was thinking if Debian Project is planning to natively support these?

Thank you in advance.

Kushal

Time for vacation? WIN what you need- enter now!
http://www.gowindowslive.com/summergiveaway/?ocid=tag_jlyhm