Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:

>> The Debian BTS should *only* report problems that can be solved from
>> within Debian, otherwise it's useless noise that leads to that section
>> being ignored even when it might have something important to say.
>
> That should of course say “The Debian PTS should …”.

Adding an alternative data point here... I was happy to see the Ubuntu bug
count added to the PTS since it uncovered Ubuntu bugs in several of my
packages, many of which I could easily comment on and recommend closing
and some of which were legitimate bugs.

I would have preferred to have gotten those bug reports more directly, but
given the choice between having to log on to Launchpad and check or
subscribe to each package I maintain and looking in the PTS, I prefer the
latter, even if I don't have as a goal getting the Ubuntu bug count to 0.