Re: Good communication with upstream is good idea

On Sun, 2008-07-20 at 19:57 +0200, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,
> On Sunday 20 July 2008 18:42, Florian Weimer wrote:
> > Relicensing would involve moving the package to non-free, that's
> > correct.
> Ui, I dint expect you really would want that. Why not detect if the system is
> really Debian and if not output "system type unsupported"?

I tried that - it generates a bug report within Ubuntu that I can't
close from within Debian but which shows up on the PTS page.

Plus it adds unnecessary code to the package without removing it from
the apt-cache search results in Ubuntu which only confuses people.

Neil Williams