Symbol files and C++ name mangling

Hi all,

I just added a symbols control file to the latest upload of the diagnostics
library. I started out with a single libdiagnostics0.symbols file, which caused
an FTBFS on all archs [0]. So we all know that C++ name mangling has its
downsides, but in this case it becomes a real PITA. Though, it is questionable
whether C++ name mangling is the issue, or symbol files are just broken by
design. Obviously I will now create arch-specific symbol files, but what if we
ever add a new symbol to diagnostics? Quite likely, things will FTBFS once
again.

Of course, I could add some wildcard, but this renders symbol files more or less
useless.

Michael.

[0] http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?pkg=diagnostics