Re: Re: Include on first iso: m-a, build essential, kernel headers

Le Wed, Jul 16, 2008 at 08:21:14PM +0000, brian m. carlson a écrit :

> Non-free (and contrib) packages are not part of Debian and are therefore
> not shipped on Debian CDs or DVDs.  I understand your frustration with
> not being able to use your wireless card out of the box; I have the same
> problem, since my card (iwl3945) requires non-free firmware.  However,
> the Social Contract states very clearly that only Free Software can be
> part of Debian.

Hi Brian,

the Social Contract does not forbid to ship non-Debian files on the same
medium as the Debian operatign system. I think that the problem is more
that many non-free programs do not have a licence that is compatible
with some widespread ways of distributing Debian, such as pressing it on
a CD and selling it.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy